The Temporal Tap – Powerful, Easy, Effective
What Is It?
An ancient technique that’s been forgotten in most civilized cultures. It’s been used for at least 5000 years in China and many other places around the world. Some dentists in the western world are using it as a pain technique, but it can be used for other things as well, most importantly those pesky, shit limiting beliefs and thoughts and habits that hold us back from living the life of our dreams.
Temporal tapping is simple. It takes less than 5 minutes to do. You don’t have to get stressed looking for things to clear. And, it makes you feel good whilst you’re doing it. It’s very empowering. I’m going to give very clear steps below, but basically you are putting into a sentence a shitty belief or habit that you just don’t want anymore, and you say it as you tap around the ear.
How Does It Work?
Tapping around the temporal area makes you more receptive to suggestion. Self Suggestion (suggesting new ideas to yourself, obviously!) whilst tapping impacts our thinking, our behavior, our nervous systems, our energies and even the activities going on in our cells. When you’re tapping around the temporal area making suggestions it inhibits all other incoming messages, so, being present and aware of your thoughts and words whilst doing this process will make the suggestions pierce into your psyche like an arrow.
The suggestions are worded differently for the left and right hemispheres. The left side of the brain is more critical and so more receptive to suggestions in the negative (examples below) The right side of the brain is more accepting and more receptive to suggestions made in the positive, with enthusiasm (again, examples below).
This process, when implemented for at least 30 days changes habits, beliefs, patterns, behaviors and more at a deep level. And, it feels good whilst you’re doing it, cause it’s causing immediate shifts as well.
How do you do it?
So, because the left side of the brain is receptive to suggestions formed in the negative we’re going to start all suggestions with “I no longer” – that’s the ‘negative’ taken care of. Now all you need to do is decide what it is that you no longer want.
Here’s some examples –
- I no longer experience overwhelm
- I no longer have issues with money
- My body no longer supports this illness
- I no longer believe that I’m not good enough
- I no longer struggle with focusing
Because the right side of the brain is receptive to suggestions made in the positive these suggestions are worded differently
- I am at ease with all the new experiences and changes I am going through
- Money comes to me easily and effortlesly
- My immune system escorts this energy out of my body in a healthy way
- I choose to believe that I am absolutely good enough
- I love to focus. I focus and concentrate and get things done with ease.
It’s important to choose words that feel right to you. Play with it
Here’s how to do it step by step –
I’m going to use the belief “I’m not good enough” because that’s the most common negative belief. We’re also going to use I, she/he, you, me (your name) and we, as you’ll see below.
1) Starting on the left side tap around the left ear. Start on the temple and tap up and around the back of the ear, on the skull, until you get to underneath your ear lobe. Keep repeating the tapping as you say these words –
- I no longer need to believe that I’m not good enough x3
- she/he no longer needs to believe that she/he’s not good enough x3
- You no longer believe that you’re not good enough x3
- Alexa (your name) no longer believes that she’s not good enough x3
- We no longer believe that we’re not good enough x3
Take a deep breath and breeeath out.
2) Now go to the right side and tap in the same way around the right ear and say these words
- I choose to believe that I absolutely am good enough x3
- She/he chooses to believe that she/he’s absolutely good enough x3
- You choose to believe that you’re absolutely good enough x3
- Alexa chooses to believe that she’s absolutely good enough x3
- We choose to believe that we’re absolutely good enough x3
It doesn’t even take 5 minutes to do. By doing this you are firing new beliefs into your system. If you do this on a consistent basis for at least 30 days you will be positively, physically rewiring your neural pathways. Do it as many times a day as you can. Once is good but more is better. You’ll learn the process dead quick and once you’ve got it you’ll be able to do it anywhere at any time. I recommend 90 days (I’m doing lots of 90 day challenges at the moment) And remember that nothing changes unless we are willing to change. These small action steps make a hell of a difference. Do you want the same shitty stuff to be guiding your life? Or, would you prefer to choose and imprint and move in the direction of what you do want?
- Pick something that you really don’t want to be happening anymore – belief, habit, behavior, pattern, thought etc
- Figure out how its worded in the negative and positive.
- Follow this process
- Do it everyday, more than once if you can, for at least 30 days
Here’s a dude doing it –